Our software uses as standard Windows service called the ‘Print Spooler' to generate the order files once your layout is complete. To ensure you can output a photobook order our software checks that this service is running at each launch of the software. This service should be running by default for Windows as it controls all printing done on you PC.
There are two method suggested by Microsoft Support to fix this ‘Spooler Error'
This is an extract taken from: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933454
Method 1: Restart the service by using the Services console
- Click Start
Type 'services.msc' in the Start Search box, and then click 'services.msc' in the Programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
- Right-click Print Spooler, and then click Stop.
- Right-click Print Spooler, and then click Start.
Method 2: Restart the service at a command prompt
- Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
- Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
- Type the following commands at the command prompt. Press ENTER after each command.
net stop spooler
net start spooler